At Baptist Health System in San Antonio we offer a comprehensive package of unprecedented health care and hospitality for new moms. With private labor and delivery rooms and private postpartum rooms, mother and baby will experience a home away from home.
Other features include:
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units
- Mother’s Milk First Lactation Center at North Central Baptist Hospital
- Family education classes
- Private labor and delivery and postpartum suites
Because a comfortable environment and the most advanced technology are important to the birthing process, our labor/delivery/recovery rooms provide relaxing surroundings and innovative care.
Patients with high risk issues, such as preterm labor, bleeding, premature rupture of membranes or pre-eclampsia, can enjoy the comfort of a designated area where staff can monitor and give care during this period of rest.
Our labor and delivery rooms offer the following amenities and more:
- All private suites
- Fully adjustable birthing bed for labor and birth
- State-of-the-art technology
- Recliner chair or couch for you or a visitor
- Private bathroom and shower
- Large rooms with luxurious furnishing
- Room service
From the time you arrive at the hospital, to when you deliver your baby and up to the time you depart, skilled experienced and compassionate doctors and nurses will make sure your experience is everything it should be.
If the need arises, the highly trained Neonatologists in our Neonatal Intensive Care Units are prepared to give your newborn the best possible care in South Texas.